No trip to Southern California is complete without spending some time at the beach. And in San Diego, you have plenty of them to choose from. Check out our list of the top ten:
- Mission Beach – Rent a bike and explore the boardwalk of this two-mile beach, which is lined with ice cream parlors and outdoor bars for watching the sunset.
- Ocean Beach – Dogs and their owners run free at this funky beach, located in a colorful community of hipsters and artists.
- Imperial Beach – Nature reigns supreme at this beach in the southern part of the city – take a hike or watch for wildlife in the estuary.
- Moonlight Beach – Great for families, with a wide stretch of sand and plenty of amenities including a playground, snack bar and restrooms.
- La Jolla Cove – A favorite with sea lion pups, this jaw-dropping shoreline is one of the most dramatically beautiful coasts in the entire country.
- Coronado Beach – Flat, wide, and caressed by gentle waves, this beach is perfect for beginning surfers and boogie boarders.
- Solana Beach – Easy to reach with numerous staircases, with tide pools, hidden coves, and soaring bluffs.
- Pacific Beach – Classic So Cal boardwalk beach – be sure to stop at the Strand to ride the roller coaster.
- Tourmaline Surf Park – Head north to find this surfer haven, a local gem that is set amongst 75-ft high cliffs.
- Silver Strand – Ideal for trying water sports, this beach is great for kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding and water skiing.
Stay at our friendly hotel, and explore all the beaches and the best things to do in San Diego. Contact us today to learn more!